Lowes Foods is slated to open a new store in Pittsboro, North Carolina, on June 29. / Photo: Shutterstock.
Lowes Foods will open its Pittsboro, North Carolina, store next Thursday as part of the grocery retailer’s expansion of five new stores in the Carolinas.
The Pittsboro store is located at the intersection of U.S. 15-501 and Northwood High School Road. Following a ribbon-cutting ceremony with Lowes Foods President Tim Lowe, doors open at 8 a.m. on June 29, the Winston-Salem, North Carolina-based grocer announced Saturday.
The other four store locations in the retailer’s Carolinas expansion plan include Concord (intersection of Christenbury Parkway and Cox Mill Road) and Kannapolis (intersection of Kannapolis Parkway and Rogers Lake Road) in North Carolina and Indian Land (along Highway 521 at Possum Hollow Road) and Aiken (intersection of Whiskey Road and Powerhouse Road Southeast) in South Carolina.
Known for its support of local farmers and vendors, Lowes said the five new locations will feature products from the Carolinas. Online shopping will be available through Lowes Foods to Go. In addition to a wide selection of organic and prepared foods, new Lowes Foods Originals in the Pittsboro store include the following:
- The Beer Den, which offers a selection of local crafts and drafts, including seasonal offerings of unique beers, special events, tap takeovers and growler fills on-site. In addition, guests can “sip and shop” with a pint of beer or a cup of wine.
- Boxcar Coffee, where shoppers can enjoya handcrafted coffee or smoothie while they shop.
- The Cakery, which invites shoppers to watch the assembly and icing of square cakes in a range of sizes.
- The Community Table, which offers shoppers a place to gather and be inspired to try something new. Constructed of reclaimed wood from local barns, it also serves as the site for events such as recipe sampling, activities for children and eating tips.
- Sammy’s, a place to grab a sandwich or pizza for a quick lunch or dinner. Shoppers can have these custom-made using Boar’s Head products or something from the Smokehouse and vegetables from Pick & Prep.
- The Chicken Kitchen, which includes a variety of fresh, prepared chicken that is locally sourced and raised with “no antibiotics ever.”
Lowes Foods operates more than 80 full-service supermarkets. The grocer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Alex Lee Inc., also the parent company of Merchants Distributors LLC, which provides full-service, wholesale distribution to supermarkets across the Southeast.